Sunday, February 19, 2012

From Sacrament this morning

Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou has shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own. 
Savior, may I learn to love thee-

Lord I would follow thee.

Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can't see.
Who am I to judge another-

Lord, I would follow thee.

I would be my brother's keeper;
I would learn the healer's art.
To the wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother's keeper-

Lord, I would follow thee.

Savior, may I love my brother
As I know thou lovest me,
Find in thee my strength, my beacon,
For thy servant I would be.
Savior, may I love my brother-

Lord, I would follow thee.


Text: Susan Evans McCloud, b.1945
Music: K. Newell Dayley, b. 1939
John 13:34-35
1 John 3:16-19; 1 John 4:21

No comments:

Post a Comment