Sunday, July 22, 2012

Three months.

It has been a little over three months since my RNY GB and I am down seventy pounds.
It has been a busy few months. I have been in lots of different places.
First, geographically. We went to Texas in June for a Martin family reunion. It was so great to see everyone. We also spent a week in Oklahoma at the in-laws. We worked hard but had a great time with Carolyn, Richard's mom. We got to see the Schemmers, Evelyn and Paul, Carolyn's aunt and uncle. I really love them. they are so sweet and faithful. They really are one of my favorite families to visit with. I loved seeing and spending so much time with all my family.
We ended up going back to Texas in July, as my sweet Grampy had passed away. I really miss him. He is home now, with my Grammy. So I am happy for him. He went peacefully, in his sleep, in his chair. I am grateful to my aunt Cheli for providing my grandparents with a good home to spend their last days in. It is not an easy thing, I think, to open your home for your aging parents. But I am sure she loved having them, even though it was not always easy.
In July, we went to Oklahoma for a day to spend some time with my mom. We only spent the time before and after the funeral, but it was good to be back in Norman. I missed my high school reunion, and the five k fun run for my gym, but it was worth it. I really had a great time with my family.
We spent a day and night in Eureka Springs Arkansas with Richard's sister Mary. It was great to see her and Nancy and spend some time in their favorite place. It was a great town, and Richard and I are looking forward to spending some time there as a couple in one of their many Bed and Breakfasts.
Emotionally, I have also been all over the map. Nothing too extreme, just a lot of ups and downs. It isn't anything worth going into a lot of analyzing, just been nostalgic and sad, and nostalgic and happy, and stressed, and calm. all at the same time. I am grateful to my family for their support during the last few months. So many changes.
Physically it has been a a roller coaster. My weight is plummeting, and my strength is climbing, and my wardrobe is shrinking, and my steering wheel has never been so far away. My shoes are all too big, and my underwear, and my dresses.The only constant has been my family.
I am taking up quilting, I think. Well, I have a quilt pattern and I am starting to cut out pieces to sew. I haven't sewn any yet. We will see.
I think I have blabbered on long enough.
Have a great week.

1 comment: